Saturday, March 26, 2011

Added To The Collection - Batman From The 30s To The 70s HC

This is a book that I've wanted to have in my comic collection for a long time. Not just because it reprints fifties era Batman stories, but because it's a nice collection to have as a Batman fan in general. I've been looking for a good deal on eBay for awhile and finally got one, as I won the auction for $15. It's in great shape for both its age and the price I won it for. The dust jacket is complete, with some wear, but no major tears. The pages are yellowed at the edges, but are pretty white inside the book. None of the pages are missing and they are still bound rather tightly to the spine. Here is a list of the fifties era Batman stories that it collects:

"The Man Behind The Red Hood!" from Detective Comics #168
"The Origin of The Bat-Cave!" from Batman #205
"Superman's and Batman's Greatest Foes!" from World's Finest Comics #88
"The Man Who Wrote The Joker's Jokes!" from Batman #67
"The New Crimes of Two-Face!" from Batman #68
"The Crime Predictor!" from Batman #77
"Two-Face Strikes Again!" from Batman #81
"The Voyage of the First Batmarine!" from Batman #86
"Batman - Indian Chief!" from Batman #86
"Ace, The Bat-Hound!" from Batman #92
"The Batwoman!" from Detective Comics #233
"The Challenge of Batwoman!" from Batman #105
"Bat-Mite Meets Mr. Mxyzptlk!" from World's Finest Comics #113
"The Second Batman and Robin Team!" from Batman #131
"Bat-Girl!" from Batman #139
"Bat-Mite Meets Bat-Girl!" from Batman #144
"Prisoners of Three Worlds" from Batman #153

As I am well into my fifties Batman collection by this point, there are only two stories I don't already have in issues or reprints. That's fine by me, as it is a great book to own in and of itself.

4 comments:

David said...

My cousin got me this book back in 1972 or 1973 (when I was 7 or 8) and I STILL have it! It's actually on my bookshelf and I refer to it for my artwork and just a a good read every now and then.

Enjoy!

david_b said...

I LOVED this book growing up, when it was at my school library, ALWAYS wanted a copy.

Infantino's cover will always RULE.

The Rok Star Rebel said...

That was the book that started it all for me, way back in the early 70's ! and yep, I still got it....although it has seen better days especially as my one is the soft cover version BUT a great collection of Batman stories

Unknown said...

I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work. Silver Age Comic Books